Skip to content

Individual Education Plan (IEP) Support

For Humber Dual Credit Students with IEP’s 

Self-Advocate for Success at Humber  

If you have an IEP, as soon as you are approved for a Dual Credit course, make an appointment with a Accessible Learning Officer. Since you are in a college setting now, it is important that YOU make the appointment – not your teacher or parent. When you make the contact, tell the receptionist you are a Dual Credit student. Have your timetable in front of you and know some options of times you are available to meet. If you have your Humber student number, have it ready also. If you don’t have your student number, you can provide it later.

Accessible Learning Services

North-2nd Floor LRC, Lakeshore–A120

Monday–Friday 8:30am–4:30pm

416.675.6622 ext. 5090 (North)

What to bring:

  • For the appointment, you must bring a copy of the documentation of your formally diagnosed disability. If you have a psychoeducational assessment, bring it along also.
  • If you have been diagnosed with ADHD provide that documentation.
  • If you have a physical disability, then a note from a registered health practitioner is required. 

Humber’s Accessible Learning Services needs this documentation to determine your needs and provide helpful services. NOTE: In some cases, if you have received an IEP but have not been identified as “exceptional”, further documentation from a health care professional is required. In this case, aHumber Accessible Officer might consider interim accommodation.

Meeting with the Accessibility Consultant

Accessibility Consultants are people who have chosen to work with young people and want to help them be successful. They are friendly and interested in helping you achieve your goals.

Here’s what happens when you meet: 

  • The Accessible Learning Officer assesses your needs; then sets up an appointment with an Accessible Learning Consultant.
  • It will take a bit of time to get this appointment so start your connections early!
  • Supervising teachers and/or parents may accompany you. However you must make the appointments.
  • If you wish the Accessible Learning Services Office to share your progress with anyone, you will need to sign a consent form.

What to do if you can't attend your appointment:

If you can’t make the appointment, you must call to cancel, so the time can be  available to another student. 

Contact or visit Janice Guzik, Dual Credit Program Officer, H221, North Campus, email:, or phone 416.675.6622 ext: 4500.