What are the benefits?
Read more about the key features of the EAP Program and the benefits of studying English at Humber.
Key features of the program
- 8 levels from beginner to advanced. 22 hours of language learning each week
- Methodology that integrates all the skills (read, write, listen, speak) with special emphasis on writing for academic and professional contexts
- Earn 3 Liberal Studies credits in our EAP level 8 course towards your degree or diploma program
- Integrated and cutting-edge e-learning with iPads and other software that supports what you study in the language classroom and prepares you for your Academic program
- Aligned to internationally recognised standards of language ability (CEFR)
- Accredited by Languages Canada
Benefits of studying English at Humber
- Taking one of Humber's approved pre-placement tests means you can plan exactly when you need to start and finish your EAP course to enter your program
- Potential pathway for EAP level 8 students into most Ontario College Academic Programs
- More than 80% of EAP graduates enter directly into Humber’s Academic Programs without the need for further English testing
- It’s more rigorous than the ‘everyday’ English learned in many schools
- Individual support from experienced teachers in Humber’s Writing Centre
- Consultation on your future academic program
- Become familiar with campus life and Humber’s administration routines. This reduces ‘culture shock’ and helps you settle in to life in Toronto
- Make friends and meet fellow students, both Canadian and International who you will study with after you graduate EAP
- Access to all Humber’s Campus facilities including: Library resources, Gym, Counselling resources, Academic support resources
iPads and other software that supports what you study in the language classroom and prepares you for your Academic program.